Monday, June 25, 2012

June

June has been a really nice month. I've gotten to spend almost every night with Josh, and even had time to see family and friends together.

It's all coming to a screeching halt very soon though. Next Monday Josh flys out to Alabama for 5 weeks.   I've been feeling ok about the whole thing until today... We were out shopping for all the stuff he needs to take down there and it's such a stressful feeling knowing he won't be here with me for that long. I am very new to this whole "military" life style and I know many wives have to go much longer with their husbands being gone, but I think it just all hit me at once. [not to mention he will be starting school again very soon... ahh!]

I have a lot going on myself, which is good. But just thinking about going to bed every night without him is hard to take in.  I know it will go fast, and I know he will be fine, it's just scary and new and change is never easy.

In the grand scheme of things, this is such an insignificant event in our lives and I try to remind myself of that.  I am very lucky to have friends and family to lean on during this time, thank you all for your support.


Goodbye for now,

Felicia

2 comments:

  1. And July will be another wonderful month, albeit in a different way! It'll be a good excuse for some quality girls nights [I'm game!] and a good opportunity to reflect upon what made June a good month so that you can make the best of the last few days you have with him before school starts up again. Either way, you'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know if you need some company :D

    ReplyDelete