Thursday, January 19, 2012

working out and losing weight... ugh

Last night I went to the Oakland Gym for a zumba class....

I was terrified.

1. I hate going to gyms- I feel like everyone stops and stares at me, and thinks "she's not in shape why is she here?"
2. I was going to a class... which I've never done before.
3. it was 6:30pm and it was absolutely packed! Everyone and their grandma was at the gym... [holy social anxiety!]
4. Once I finally got a parking spot, got into the building, and found the classroom... it was cancelled.
5. I almost went down to the gym to work out, but got scared and left.

so... at least I made it into the building.

My Goal this week is to do a 3 classes. I can do it... just have to get over it and realize no one cares or even notices me.

goodbye for now,
Felicia

2 comments:

  1. Talk about social anxiety....the first time I went into Meijer when I was going through chemo and didn't have hair I was a nervous wreck! I thought everybody was going to stare at me because I did NOT HAVE ANY HAIR! Now, THAT is something that stands out & gets attention! Anyway, I went grocery shopping wearing a scarf wrapped around my head (you could tell I was bald) and nobody gave me a second glance. I was shocked. That was when I realized, people are so wrapped up in the hustle & bustle of their own lives they don't care or even notice what's around them. You could go to that Zumba class in a bikini, and nobody would care. So, go have fun & kick butt!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for zumba!! it is so fun you will have to try it. Just wait next time till it starts and you will realize its less embarrassing because no one is good at it! it's really fun to take because everyone laughs at themselves together! but im with you on the gyms being intimidating!

    Carisa

    ReplyDelete