Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Back!

Apparently I took a christmas break from blogging.

So, lets recap!

It seems like a lot has happened over the last month... or seven. Sometimes I have a hard time putting things down in writing because it either doesn't feel like i've captured it or I just don't know how to say it, so I don't say it at all. But, I would like to change that.  After all, I started this blog to write about our journey, and that is what I am going to do.

I am hoping to open up more about our day to day life, even the bad stuff. I tend to hold back sometimes on those rough days, because I hate saying something negative about school,  married life, work etc. But thats life, somedays suck, and somedays are really good. I need to learn to cope and express what is going on so I don't explode and take it all out on the guy who has 40 credits. Oh yeah, did I mention OUWB has 40 credits this semester... y a y.

The last seven months have taught me a lot of about myself and about life.  Heres a quick list :)

I've learned that;
1. Getting married, moving, settling into a new home, and being with my husband is the best feeling and decision i have ever made.

2. Being away from family is still hard, but its nice to have them just a drive away.

3. Med school is very scary. I sometimes feel like a awkward outsider who didn't finish college and shouldn't be apart of their gang.  But other days, I think they are the nicest and most down-to-earth party filled [nerds] I have ever met. thats right, you are all nerds :)

4. That you MUST be flexible. MUST. BE. FLEXIBLE.

5. Moving to a new area and trying to make new friends, sucks.

6. Coming in second to med school is only for the time being, its not forever and its not their first choice.

7. Having dinner in my car outside the med school library for 20 mins is completely normal.

8. If on tough days, I cry, and take a deep breath and organize a closet.... everything will be alright.

--I'm sure I could go on and on but lets move onto the next subject.

CHRISTMAS BREAK was Amazing! Nearly an entire month of no books, no lectures, no late night library dates, and no med school.  I unfortunately worked most of his break but I was home every day by 2:45pm and was able to have every evening with my man.  We are so blessed to be able to have spent time with family, friends, and each other. I know Josh got a very well deserved and restful break, which is all I wanted for him and us.


It is now 10:07, and I should be getting to bed... 5am is not a nice hour.

Goodbye for now,
Felicia




What to look forward to next;
-New years resolutions!
-Lets complain about work!
and
-Help me find hobbies!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we are all nerds and we love you for accepting and loving us!

    If you ever want to complain about your man not being around [hey I'm in the same situation albeit on the other side], let me know. Always here!

    How about knitting for a hobby? It'll keep you busy AND you get something nice out of it at the end! =)

    [Glad you're back in the blogging world!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty....and the fact that you can still keep your sense of humor. P.S. You aren't an awkward outsider....YOU are Felicia! And you've had more life experiences than a lot of people. There aren't enough credit hours that can make up for that! Being "educated", doesn't make you a smart person. YOU are a very smart lady! You can fit into any & all situations with grace, humor, charm, and most of all a sincere genuine attitude. I love that in you and admire that quality. You just need to remember that....always. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amanda:
    thank you so much for offering your support, that really means a lot!

    @Kat:
    Thank you so much for your kind words... you always know just what to say to keep me going! Love you!

    ReplyDelete