Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day Off

Yesterday I went to Midland after work to see my family and to sell the good o'l Buick. I'm passing the torch on to a 15 year old. Good luck with your brand new 12 year old white Buick LeSabre... ah, good times.  I also got to see my niece and nephews, they are so stinking cute!

I am back home and looking at another two days of work and then a weekend off... hurray! [I'm hoping to see '21 Jump Street' this weekend... who's with me?]

Anywho, I have a meeting tomorrow with the Interior design program director at the community college. Super excited about that, and then on Friday I have another meeting with the Cos school [while getting my hair cut, extra bonus!]

Lots going on, lots to be encouraged and excited about. Things seem to be headed in the right direction. :)


***

In other news... 

I've been waiting to write about this for a quite awhile now, but it is finally official and ready to be brought up to the internet :)

Josh has been accepted into the Air Force!! We have been talking and discussing this since October and have done all the research, paperwork, meetings and its finally official. He will be sworn in next week as a lieutenant in the Air force. 

In a nut shell the Air force medical service pays for your education if you give your time back after you are done with your education. So, because he is doing it after his first year, he will owe the military three years of active duty once he is a Doctor.  Along with paying for your education they will give us an awesome living stipend, a possible military residency, a chance to travel and allow us to breath a little easier when it comes to money and bills. 

I was terrified when Josh first brought this up to me, I'm pretty sure I said "Absolutely not", but.. with time, research, prayer, and speaking to a great air force recruiter, my mind was really changed and now I am excited about all the new possibilities. I know, I may look back at my enthusiasm on the hard and challenging days and wonder "what was I thinking"... but, overall I think this is really good for not just him and but for both of us and our future family. 


Goodbye for now, 
Felicia 

 [ Aiden and Eli  ]


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That is awesome for josh! It is great that you are so supportive!

    ReplyDelete