Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Soul Searching

I've always been a firm believer in - do what makes you happy - And I try and live by that. It's hard sometimes though.  I like to try new things, and experience new jobs. But, money gets in the way and peoples voices and opinions really rattle me.

A few months ago I wrote a blog about my work and school history... Its been a rocky and bumpy road. But, I'm at the point where I need to make some decision and move forward. All along I've been "health care, health care, health care" and although I could see myself becoming a nurse, or medical assistant, etc. Sometimes, I wonder if the money is more of a motivator. Now I know you are thinking... money? those aren't big money making jobs, but for me [and the education I have and am willing to get], personally, it is.  enough money talk, i hate it! ha ha

Besides health care I have a pretty creative side,  I adore, i mean ADORE organizing, cleaning and decorating... and that is something I tried to do a year ago. I started my own organizing business called "organizing with Felicia"... it didn't really go anywhere and with the wedding and moving I decided to put it on the back burner and just focus on a "real career" [which was health care]. The problem I have is that, although I do love health care, I'm really have no desire or will power to do the schooling that it takes. If there was a degree for organizing, I would work as hard as med student [which is super hard, guys!] but... nursing school, sounds painful to me. and "do what makes you happy" keeps sticking in my head. Is the school and outcome worth my happiness. right now, no.

so... the last few weeks I've been soul searching and talking with Josh about different options for myself. Because lets face it. I cannot be a CNA forever...

I wrote a list of a bunch of things I like to do and have considered as jobs. *Drum rollll*
-Real estate agent
-Professional Organizer
-Starting my own business [really any little cute shop, is a dream of mine]
-Cosmetologist [which for some reason I've always been embarrassed to tell people that... not sure why]
-Interior Designer - which could go right along with organizing.

Action plan:
-Called douglas J Salon and will be setting up an apt. to meet with the school and explore their program.
-In the process of meeting with the local community college to discuss the interior design program.


It feels really good to be doing something in a new direction and feeling excited and happy about it.




-- the real reason I had to take a step back and really look at my future was because my phlebotomy program sucks. thats about the gist of it. I am in the process of trying to get my money back. And frankly I'm so fed up that I don't even want to pursue it anymore... but maybe that happened for a reason to show me that, that wasn't the right thing for me. God is funny like that. :)


Anywho, enough rambling. I'm off to enjoy some fresh air. Happy Spring everyone.

Goodbye for now,

Felicia


p.s. if anyone has any knowledge or input, I'd love to hear it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment