Sunday, March 25, 2012

step one. complete.

Time for a Pro's and Con's List.

Last thursday I went to Douglas J to meet with an admissions coordinator. It was so much more than I ever expected. I honestly thought I would leave feeling like "ok, this isn't something I really want to do" but it was complete opposite and really just made me more confused.

This cos school was beautiful, top of the line [which honestly, is something I'm not used to] so, I need to make sure I don't pick it based on looks. The women who showed me around was very nice and gave me so much info that I left spinning, but it was good. Josh brought me back down to reality [not in a bad way, but he knows my excitement can blind me from reality]. Although I was frustrated with his lack of enthusiasm, it's very good for me to have someone looking at facts and figures and not just "ooo the school is pretty".

Besides looks. I really liked what their program had to offer. 30 students are admitted 3 different times a year and you are in class and on the floor for 1500 hours. The fact that I would be trained and hands on from day one, is very exciting to me. To be apart of a group of people who all share the same interest seems like it would be a great experience. I have another meeting with them in 2 weeks and am also meeting with one of the current students there to talk about her job prospects and her experience. [while getting a hair cut, woohoo].

Everything seems to be moving along nicely, but its so scary. I do know that it's time to make some real changes and decisions. My biggest desire is to find something I want to do long term, and that I will be happy and excited about. In the meantime, my biggest fear is maintaining a job during either program. I just don't know what or how or when or anything... too much on my mind! I guess thats what naps and cleaning are for... :)

Goodbye for now,
Felicia

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting time for you! I'm so glad your first meeting went well. Are you still checking in on the interior design possibilities too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am still meeting with an the interior design program admin this thursday. So, I will have more confusing/insight by this weekend. ha ha

    Its fun though, I like feeling like i have options :)

    Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. The pastors kid is John, right?

    ReplyDelete